Can a Dumpster Be Placed in the Street?
When carrying out a home improvement or construction project, one of the items which always must be rented is a dumpster. A dumpster offers a relatively cheap way to work with a large volume of waste material and can easily be dropped off when full.
Unfortunately, you may find that there is limited space in front of your home for a dumpster. In that case, the only option left is placing it in the street. This offers a lot of flexibility and accessibility when loading and unloading. However, before you can place it in the street, you must obtain a dumpster permit from the city or local government office.
How to Get a Dumpster Permit
Getting a dumpster permit is relatively simple and involves contacting your local government office or city council to fill out the paperwork. You can also apply online or through the phone, making it easy to quickly get your dumpster placement permit. When applying for a permit, ensure you have the following:
- Your address and the exact location where the dumpster will be placed
- Dumpster rental company’s information (name, phone number, address, etc.)
- Rental duration period
Step-by-Step Process for Obtaining a Dumpster Permit
- Access your city’s website for a dumpster permit request
- If you can’t find the form online, obtain their contact info and call the appropriate department for further instructions
- Fill out the necessary paperwork and submit the application form
- Wait for the permit to be processed. While most permits are processed within 24 hours, others might take up to two weeks.
- Upon approval, contact the dumpster rental company to schedule delivery.
Rules to Follow After Securing a Permit
After you obtain the dumpster permit and place it in the street, there are a few rules you must follow. Failure to do so could result in a fine for illegal placement or illegally obstructing traffic. The following rules must be observed:
- Avoid placing the dumpster in front of “no loading” designations, parking meters, bus stops, fire hydrants, and other restricted areas.
- Place reflectors, traffic cones, or signs in front and behind the dumpster
- The permit must be visible at the job site at all times
- The dumpster should be effectively placed parallel to the curb, with the street side of the container fully accessible
- If you have contractors at your site, proof of liability insurance and/or workman’s comp may be required.
- Ensure you remove the dumpster before the expiration date of the permit
Failure to follow all the dumpster rental rules might lead to mishaps with local authorities, and you might be required to remove the dumpster before finishing your project.
NowRush Recycling Solutions – Dumpster Rentals Made Easy
Dumpsters are a huge convenience to keeping things clean and organized at your project site. At NowRush Recycling Solutions, we provide a wide variety of dumpster sizes to meet your needs, whether for construction debris or household waste. We have simplified our dumpster rental process into four easy steps to ensure a quick and easy rental for your dumpster needs.
- Determine the right dumpster size – evaluate the amount of trash you’ll be throwing away to help you pick the right dumpster size. If you are unsure, our experienced staff will help you estimate the right size depending on the type of project.
- Get upfront pricing – dumpster rentals vary depending on market rates and location. We offer upfront pricing to give our customers an estimation of their rental costs before they decide to rent with us.
- Schedule delivery – After you’ve decided on the right dumpster size, contact us, and we’ll schedule a delivery date and time. Provide clear location details to ensure a smooth delivery. Expect delivery within 24 hours after scheduling a delivery.
- Call for a pickup – once you are done with the dumpster, simply call us for a pickup, and we’ll come to haul away your waste. Keep in mind we will charge you an additional fee if you place prohibited materials into the dumpster.
If you are looking for affordable and reliable dumpster rental services throughout New Hampshire or Massachusetts, NowRush Recycling Solutions is your one-stop-shop for all your dumpster needs. With a wide range of dumpsters and exceptional customer service, we are the team to trust for your dumpster rental needs. Contact us today at 833-669-7874 to get a quote for our dumpster rental services.