Selling Your Home? Declutter It to Sell Faster
When selling your home, you will want to make it as appealing as possible to potential buyers. One of the best ways to do this is by decluttering your home. Decluttering your home before you sell it can help speed up the sale process.
A clutter-free home creates a welcoming atmosphere for potential buyers, which invokes a sense of serenity. This will help them imagine themselves living in the home, which gives you a better chance of selling your home quickly and for a top dollar amount.
So, why is decluttering beneficial? What areas should you look for clutter? Sit tight as we explore further.
Benefits of Decluttering when Selling Your Home
When selling your home, you want it to be at its best. A decluttered home will help speed up the sale process and help get you top dollar. When you make your home as appealing as possible, it will increase the chances of getting more interest and purchase offers. Clutter can make a home feel small, cluttered, and even dirty, making buyers want to move on and look at other homes. So what are the benefits of decluttering?
- It makes the house feel bigger – while nothing will change when it comes to the size of your home, decluttering will make it look and feel bigger. This is because clutter can make the home feel cramped and like there isn’t enough space for things or people.
- Inspires the buyer’s imagination – when selling a home, one of the critical things is to spur their imagination. What will their future home look like? Clutter and mess will inhibit this ability. A clutter-free home will give buyers a chance to see themselves in your home, living their life and enjoying the space. This is critical to the sale of your home.
- Reveals potential problems within the home – too much clutter can mask underlying problems in your house. Seeing a crack or mold behind a pile of clutter is impossible. By decluttering, you will notice and rectify any issues that might deter potential buyers or lower the value of your home.
Areas Within your Home to Look for Clutter
Decluttering your home isn’t just about making it appear bigger and uncluttered. It’s also about getting rid of unnecessary knick-knacks and possessions. But where should you start? While the garage, closets, and spare rooms are obvious places, there are some areas within your home that you might have missed. Here are the places to look for clutter in your home.
- Kitchen – being the heart of the home, it is essential to keep your kitchen space free from unnecessary clutter. Any appliances or gadgets you don’t use should be cleared out, while the old food in the cupboard should be thrown away. Only keep the essentials to make this space useable and clutter-free.
- Bathroom – most people forget to declutter their bathrooms which is essential. Many places within the bathroom are prime spots for clutter, including the space around your mirror, behind the door, and within your drawers.
- Cabinets – in most homes, cabinets are often filled with random and miscellaneous items that you don’t need. This makes the space unappealing and difficult to use. As a rule of thumb, keep all your cabinets no more than two-thirds full to give the appearance of more storage.
- Walls – if you have an open house, it is vital to declutter not only the home but also the walls. Pictures, paintings, and wall coverings can make a home feel smaller and create unnecessary clutter within the space. Reducing or removing them entirely will make the room appear larger and appeal to the buyers. Consider removing wall-mounted shelving and bookcases or sticking to the 3-5-7 rule to give a more balanced appearance.
Get Rid of Unnecessary Clutter by Renting a Dumpster
After decluttering, the best way to get rid of the clutter is by renting a dumpster. A dumpster rental will ensure that your trash and clutter are removed and disposed of professionally. At NowRush Recycling Solutions, we provide a variety of dumpsters for different debris types, including construction debris, yard waste, and general household clutter. Contact us today to get a quote on the size dumpster to rent based on your trash volume.